Saturday, May 23, 2009

Super Hero #2 :

If I told you,
You're a superhero,
would you believe me?

You're not the "Oh-oh-oh,"
zeros
in a comic book balloon.


[No, you're so much more valuable than this;
and, quite frankly, the betterment of society is at stake!]

Each one of you have the power to change the world;
your journey begins,
not in some far-off-place,
but here, on solid ground.

Carry goodness in your heart and mind,
and justice will see you through.

We need superheroes today,
the old ones say.

Believe, my children...

...Believe.

`x~William. copyright-May 11,2009. 3:17PM.






3 comments:

Shania said...

Loved it. Our everyday heroes.Your work inspires me in many ways. Will, my super hero.

William H. Balzac said...

Thanks, Shania: I needed to write a short, simple, poem for a class of 11 year olds! My nephew's teacher has invited me to their classroom. My published book has a poem entitled, "Super Hero," ...so, this new one is special & "#2"

I have to get back to reading the blogs..very busy time!

`x~

Hester said...

Hi!

I love your poems. They are really extremely inspirational to someone like me.
I have started writing poems as well. Alison, my older sister, have helped me a lot. Think you will know her from her blog : Our Danny Boy,
She said I should have a look at your blog, and I must say, you are really very talented.

If you would like to have a look at some of my poes, please have a look at my blog : http://thoughtsofrime.blogspot.com.
Thanks for the inspiring work that you do!